There really is a surplus of food and snacks you can bring to the beach, but have you really thought about what is healthy enough to last you a long time. With endless summer BBQ’s and beach bonfires, it is often difficult to pack the right kinds of foods for your health.
Eating the right wholesome foods will definitely keep your hunger pans on check and keep you feeling more full and less bloated at the beach. Or heck anywhere really?
I am sure we have all heard how empty carbs can really bring us mood swings and only have us craving more of them. And yes pringles and potato chips, my friends, are considered empty carbs.
So not only will you never be full, you will crave other things that are not good.
If you are the type of person trying hard to keep up the lifestyle of eating healthy while enjoying the beach, then there are a number of best foods and snacks you should bring to the beach when your hungry. Keep in mind there are probably a lot more.
But these 20 are my favorite things I opt to bring with me when i can.
20 Best Beach Snacks for Adults to Enjoy anytime!
These have made the top 20 list of our go-to snacks. Pack yourself some delicious snacks on your next beach trip or really anywhere you go!
Not only are these delicious and fulfilling, but they are also healthy. Don’t forget to stop by the grocery store before your next beach trip 😉
So here are the best foods and snacks to bring to the beach.
1. Granola Mixture– I have tried these brands and they are just delicious. I bought granola on Amazon so I could get the fast shipping and excellent return policy. The price will likely change over time, so click this link to check the current price of the granola on Amazon.
2. Yogurt and Fruit cups
3. Pre-cut apples with peanut butter (only if you don’t mind your apples oxidizing a bit)
4. Celery sticks with peanut butter
5. Watermelon chunks diced
6. Cantaloupe diced or precut
7. Veggies and Hummus
8. Mixture of Nuts
9. Rice cakes with peanut butter– these are some trusted brands i have tried. For the current price of Rice Cakes, click the Amazon link here.
10. Pistachios with Yogurt– you can buy the pistachios from a bag or just in bulk from you local food store. I have tried this brand before. The price is likely to change, so click this link to check the current price on Amazon.
11. A Fruit Salad
12. Kombucha Drinks– definitely keep these cool. Just keep in mind most beaches do not allow glass containers, so you can keep them in a cooler inside your car
13. Dried Edamame Mixture– I love this brand. Click on this link to find the current price on Amazon.
16. Granola Bars– I really enjoy these granola bars. They are delicious and definitely my go-to bars. Click on this link to find the current price on Amazon.
17. Multi-grain crackers and cheese (already precut and put together)- opt in for multi grain; it’s often times difficult to find the right ones
18. Fruit skewers
19. Homemade Muffins
20. PowerUp Trail Mixture– often times i will go for the powermix trail mix! Packed with lots of yummy protein to keep me full
What other kinds of Beach Friendly foods you can take with you
There are plenty and I mean plenty of foods you can prepare. I say the easiest and the best foods to prepare and take with you are these:
1. Pasta mixture– it’s easy to make a quick pasta on the go.
2. Prepare a fruit salad– make sure everything is precut before you go
3. Prepare a salad in a jar– dressing in a separate container
4. Homemade Brownies– If you have a sweet tooth! I really like bringing brownies with me! Pack your brownies in a reusable airtight container.
5. Pack a sandwich– in a reusable ziplock bags! I definitely recommend these. They are durable and will keep your food in airtight reusable baggie 😉 That way you don’t have to worry about waste 😉 Click the link here to find the current price on Amazon.
Some good store bought beach snacks to enjoy
These are some of my favorite store bought beach snacks to grab and go. You can practically buy these anywhere.
1. Granola Bars– any kind of healthy brand I recommend. I have personally tried these and enjoy them. I usually enjoy these kind. They are delicious. If you want to know the current price of the Luna Bars, check amazon by clicking on the link here.
Another one of my favorite are Larabars. They are delicious. I usually buy the variety pack which is yummy. Check the Amazon Link here, to see the current price.
2. Trail mix packs– I often buy these trail mix baggies; they come in a whole variety and are easy to split. To find the current price on Amazon click the link here.
3. Power me Fuel bags- I really enjoy taking these. Check the price on Amazon by click on this link.
4. Dried up Edamame– To see the current price on Amazon, click this link here.
The most popular Summer Beach Snacks to Bring to the Beach
These are probably the best snacks to bring to the beach in a nice hot summer day.
They are easy to slice and pack on the go.
- Sliced oranges
- Sliced watermelon
- Slide pineapple
- Fruit skewers
Where to Pack your Beach Snacks so they don’t go bad!
Of course you definitely need to bring a good cooler if you decide to pack your snacks. After all, nobody wants to bring icky or melted snacks that go bad. Find a cooler that you love and works! As long as your food stays perfectly fresh! That’s what matters.
I also recommend reusable beach zip lock baggies to bring with you! They are durable and perfect to pack your stuff! Remember when you buy reusable bags you are helping reduce trash and beach pollution around you.
Only you can really take care of your health for the better or worse. I am sure we are all familiar with the quote “ you are what you eat!” or “ Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”.
If you get creative, you can bring all sorts of healthy foods. There are plenty of snacks you can pack at the beach.
Here we breakdown the best foods and snacks to bring to the beach to keep you feeling full and satisfied when those hunger pans kick in!
Whether you take all of these or just a couple of these is really up to you. Over the years I have not only brought these along with me to the beach, but also on road trips, movie theaters or when traveling.
Remember to take the time to do some shopping beforehand. Maybe the day before, so you won’t be scrambling for food last minute.
And no I am not saying you shouldn’t enjoy the delicious beach ice cream stand you see staring back at you, all I am saying is that balance is key.
These foods and snacks are perfect to keep you full and less bloated.
And yes, feel free to enjoy the delicious ice-cream stand staring at you. Also, I believe the best way to enjoy and experience a beach city and town is to also indulge in a delicious beach restaurants while your at it!
What are you favorite foods and snacks to bring to the beach? How do you stay healthy?
Check out our list of things to pack on your next beach vacation. Click here to get the beach checklist.