Who doesn’t want glowing skin for their summer beach vacation? I am sure we all do. Glowing skin usually means we have either a really healthy diet or a really good makeup routine. But even makeup alone couldn’t completely change what healthy skin looks like.
The best way to get glowing skin naturally in the summer is to start now.
With summer right around the corner, you can learn what it takes to get that natural glow before, during, or after summer. And the best part is without makeup.
Having a good summer routine and eating the right foods all play a role in what your skin looks like.
And sure, hormones, stress, and diet play a role too, but what you put in your body also has a say.
Knowing how to protect your skin from the inside out can make a difference in how your skin looks and feels.
Here we breakdown everything you need to know to get glowing skin just in time for summer and how to protect your skin from those harsh summer months.
How to take care of your Skin in the summer (10 Tips)
Going to the beach or out on a hot summer day could be one of the hardest things on your skin. But with a little preparation it can go a long way.
1. Wear a Hat
Whether you choose a floppy beach hat, a baseball cap or any kind it’s important to protect your face from the harsh rays. So if your going to the beach or even outside, make sure you grab a hat to protect your face.
2. Wear Sunglasses
Wearing a good pair of sunglasses can not only protect your eyes, but can also block the harmful UV rays from causing wrinkles around your eyes.
Getting a good pair of sunglasses that are polarized and 100% UV protected is the best way to go.
Some sunglasses claim the are UV protected, but really aren’t. Make sure you do your homework before purchasing them.
3. Avoid the Sun Rays from 10-3pm
According to source, sun rays are strongest during these hours. A little tip I learned along the way is to find your shadow. If your shadow is smaller than you then the sun is directly above you and strongest yet. If you can’t avoid then prepare by wearing the right sun-blocking attire.
4. Avoid Tanning Beds
Tanning beds expel the same amount of UV radiation as does tanning outside. Nobody wants leathery skin as they get older. According to source, tanning is known to cause…
5. Bring a beach umbrella to the Beach
Often times tanning on the beach is also not best for our skin, specifically during of 10-3pm hours. Studies show that you only really need 15min of sun to get Vitamin D, so avoid the harsh UV rays during their strongest waves.
Drinking plenty of water will keep your skin feeling hydrated and fresh. Carry a reusable water bottle or buy a water with a fruit infuser. Though studies haven’t completely proved this hypothesis, it never hurts to stay hydrate.
7. Avoid Alcohol
If you pass on the beach margarita, your skin will thank you. Alcohol is known to dehydrate us naturally, so the best thing you can do is drink pure water or adding some fresh fruit for flavor.
8. Wear a good SPF sunscreen
Wearing a good sunscreen will protect your skin. But not all sunscreens are made the same way. I personally choose a vegan sunscreen first. Read our blog where we breakdown the best vegan sunscreens to buy.
9. Avoid Deep Fried Foods and Soda
Fried food will only wreck havoc to your skin. When I used to eat fried foods my skin looked terrible. Opt in for eating good wholesome foods.
Cut out soda, it is purely made of sugar and other bad chemicals. Read more about your health and learn how fast food can make you feel lethargic and bloated.
10. Get Sleep
Sleep is vital for your skin. No more late night partying or Netflix binge watching. Getting the right amount of sleep is known to make you feel well rested and alert while letting your body recover.
How to get glowing skin from the inside
We all know that diet, stress, and hormones play a role in our skin. Did you know that research has now shown a direct correlation between diet and certain skin conditions.
Sure, aging plays a role too but there are things we can do to help our skin glow and age more gracefully.
1. Hydrate with lots of water (as mentioned above) WATER WATER WATER! I personally aim for getting half my body weight in the amount of FL OZ. What works for you could work different from someone else.
The point is to find something that works for YOU! You know yourself more than anybody. Ask your dietician first on the recommended amount out of fluid ounces, since everybody is different.
2. Eat a Clean Diet- Aim for more vegetables on your plate; eating more wholesome foods can make or break your diet. Cut out sugars and unhealthy foods. Eating a clean diet to many may seem vague, but eat what works for you and your skin.
Eliminate sugar from your diet and see what happens. Try different things. Talk to your dietician and see what works for you.
3. Eat your Greens– Adding greens to your diet can make a difference in what your skin can look like. Add more greens to your dinner plate. I personally aim for 3 vegetables in every meal.
Again, check with your dietician first.
4. Drink Healthy Smoothies– opting in for a kale smoothie is always a classic; smoothies are the best way to drink your greens! I will usually make a banana kale smoothie in the morning. It’s easy and fast and the best way to eat my greens in the morning.
5. Mediate your Stress Away– Try a meditation app to help alleviate stress; breathing has been shown to improve your stress levels.
6. Take an Exercise Class– Not only will it boost your happy hormones and make you feel good, but it will also alleviate stress.
Summer skin routine
This is the routine I personally use, but of course we are all different. Try something you may like. You can use this as a guide and make it your own.
1. Use a gentle face wash when you wake up in the morning
2. Moisturize your skin when you wake up
3. Drink plenty of water throughout the day; do it after waking up,
4. Eat Wholesome Foods
Getting glowing skin is easier than you think. It’s not rocket science. To get a healthy natural makeup-free glow to your skin you just need to do some things.
And sure makeup can help you establish that perfect glow, but nothing beats a healthier natural complexion.
Having the natural glow of skin for summer or any day can definitely make you feel great and look great!
Simple things you can do in your everyday life can bring you that natural glowing skin you desire for summer.
In no time, you will be ready for that perfect summer beach vacation.
Wondering what the best sunscreens are? check our blog on the best vegan sunscreens we recommend here.
If you’re wondering how to plan the perfect summer vacation then be sure to check out our blog. Here we plan the best things to bring with you on your next beach vacation.
Ready to organize for that summer vacation? What better time to start planning than now! Read our blog on 10 tips to get you started on planning here.
What things have you used or done to get that summer glow?