We have all been there. We get to the beach. And guess what!? We forget one of the most important things! Yikes.
It happens to all of us at one point or another. So why not make life easier and read this checklist with you before you hit the door.
Don’t worry. Here we break down the best 30 things to bring to the beach with your friends, family, or even a date. With a list, it is so much easier not to forget the essentials or the stuff you really wanted to bring!
Remember it is important to have the essentials, and to have the extras for fun. So whether you’re coming to the beach alone, with friends or on a date, check it out below as we breakdown the best things to bring with you the next time you hit the beach.
The everyday essentials to take to the beach
Just admit it. There are some essentials we should not be forgetting at all. And yet we still do it. But trust me, we have all done it. Make sure you look this over before heading out. It will make life a lot easier. Below are some of the things we really love bringing and highly recommend. Feel free to change it or add more as you go!
1.Cash (some food stands only take ca$h)
2. Sunscreen- I really enjoy using the zinc oxide sunscreen. It doesn’t carry all the synthetic chemicals that regular beach sunscreens do.
3. Portable charger for your phone- I am using this one below. I find the charge last me quite a bit. Definitely recommend it
5. Extra pair of clothes to change into
5. Bug spray- I am all for less synthetic sunscreens. I am loving this one right now.
6. Plastic bags (to put your wet clothes in)
7. First aid kit
8. Beach bag waterproof- perfect from keeping your stuff from getting wet
9. Waterproof phone protector- this is the one I always take with me to the beach. Trust me i have dropped my phone multiple times at the beach.
10. Lots of water to drink- I usually bring a water bottle such as my hydroflask and a gallon.
11. Sanitizer wipes- I love this brand because they are eco-friendly
12. Beach umbrella (unless you go to a beach like Florida where you can just rent one)
13. Beach chairs
Fun things to bring to the beach for a day
14. a camera, a phone camera works too. Just keep it safe and sand free
15. Food and snacks to take to the beach- if you are looking for healthier options, read our blog of healthy food and snack recomthen mendations
16. a soccer ball- if you like playing soccer in the sand.
17. a frisbee
18. a volleyball- in case you want to play beach volleyball
20. Body Board
21. Waterproof speaker- My friend owned a JBL and said it was the best speaker she ever had. She did bring it during our bonfire times
22. Beach tent- This is one of the most popular
23. a cooler
24. A book to read- You can never go wrong with a book
25. Drone camera- if you have one, my sister has one and it has really captured some nice aerial shots (only if you know how to fly one)
Thinking about having a beach bonfire one of these nights? Why not! The summer months is the perfect time to get out there and enjoy the cool nights! If you have never had a bonfire at the beach or have had hundreds of them, there is always something that we miss. Here we breakdown the top things to bring to the beach at night!
Remember nobody wants to leave out the basics. Follow along with this handy dandy checklist to look over the next time you have a beach bonfire. 😉
What to bring to the beach at night with your friends
26. S’mores supplies
27. Wood or starters for a bonfire
28. A sweater
29. Flashlight- I have owned several flashlights, but nothing compare to the maglite! One of the best flashlights ever
30. Beach blanket
Things to bring on a beach date
If your going on a beach date, like I’ve been before i wish i would have brought this list with me.
- A waterproof bag
- A sweater (although we have mentioned before)
- An extra pair of sandals or shoes if you are planning to walk around the downtown area. (I walked around the downtown area first, but little did I know we would be walking the beach sand next) Put an extra pair of sandals in your bag.
- Make sure your camera is charged to catch those sunsets
- Extra pair of clothes in case they get sandy
- Hair ties; because I wasn’t really ready for my hair blowing sand all over the place. Talk about the humidity.
Whether you’re going with your friends, yourself, or even a date, there are some important things to bring to the beach the next time around. I have been in all three situations and I always forget something. I learned the hard way, but I made a note not to forget again. Just print this helpful guide and bring it with you the next time around. It will definitely make life less complicated.
Whether it is your first time going to the beach or the hundredth time, this is sure to help. One of the nice things is that once you get this system down you won’t ever forget.
The essentials include your everyday things to bring including water, sunscreen, towel or even a hat. So these are things that you might even say are common sense. In addition, we break down the things to bring with you that may make things a little bit more fun. This includes any kind of volleyball, soccer ball, or boogie board so you play with.
In addition, if you plan on ending your beach trip with a bonfire, then don’t forget that you may need a couple more things. Such as the wood of course, a starter, and some sticks to probe the bonfire. Also if the weather does get a little chilly, a sweater is the best option. And everyone wants to make s’mores so don’t forget these too.
So tell me what are your favorite things to bring with you on a beach trip?