Just like us humans, your dogs also need to take the proper gear with them to the beach! It is always better to prepare and have a little more than a little less.
A summer day or any day spent in the sun and sandy waters comes with work. Sure, the sun and sand are fun, but don’t forget to pack the important stuff for your pets.
Here we breakdown the best 15 dog beach accessories to bring the next time you bring along your fur baby. Of course, not all of it is necessary, but it helps to know what you should watch for the next time you take a beach trip.
Why you must pack right for a beach trip with your dog
Going to the beach and swimming can be just as exhausting as a HITT cardio workout at the gym. Not only for you, but also for your pup. Now imagine pairing that up with chasing other dogs and running endlessly across the sand.
Yup, those are our dogs we are talking about.
It is exhausting.
Can we really blame our dogs.
They expel all their energy meeting other dogs and splashing in the waves. That just means we must make sure we are ready to clean up after their play day is over.
Our pups, like humans, are also exposed to harmful sun rays and sandy conditions. Which means that they are susceptible to getting sunburned too! And lets not forget that our dogs carry a full coat of fur.
Making it that much harder to cool down.
I know many of us have heard that dogs cool down by panting. Which is true. According to source, we often fail and forget to recognize that heat exhaustion can produce a stroke and forget that our dogs are susceptible to it too.
With anything, we need to remember our pets safety. It is the number one priority we should consider when we travel with them.
Just like our own!
What to bring to the beach for a dog
So there are obvious and not so obvious dog beach accessories to bring for your pup on a beach trip. The obvious ones are of course a leash, water, and some food. But there are somethings that are not always obvious and we may not even consider them necessities. But trust me, they definitely can be.
Why the beach sand can be too hot for dogs
Some summer days can be really hot. And if the sand is too hot for your feet to walk on, then chances are your pups paws might be feeling the same burn. Lucky for you, a clever fella invented dog booties for the beach.
These beach booties not only protect your pups feet from the scorching hot sand, but they can keep your pups feet much cleaner.
Though, nothing is 100% proof!
Long story short answer is yes.
The beach sand can also be too hot for your dogs.
Why dog sunscreen is a must to bring to the beach
The sun can beat so hot that we forget that harmful rays can also affect our pups. And sure, our pups have fur, doesn’t that protect them? Short answer. Yes and no.
Our pups are not covered head to toe with fur, so that means there are certain areas that are exposed. Hence, we need to also put sunscreen on our dogs.
The best dog leash for the beach
Of course, a leash is probably one of the most obvious things to bring for your pup. And I don’t blame you, there are a ton of different leashes to bring.
My go-to thing is to bring two of them You never know if you accidentally lose one or something happens.
One of the best dog leashes I have bought for my dog is the one below. It has lasted me a long, long time. I love it so much. Not only is it durable and strong, but it is high quality that I know I can count on. I bought dog lease on Amazon so I could get the fast shipping and excellent return policy. The price will likely change over time, so click this link to check the current price of Ladoogo heavy duty dog lease on Amazon.
The Dog Beach Checklist you must print before heading out
Here is a list of the best 15 dog accessories to bring to the beach with you the next time you come. I love these and always try to make it a priority to bring.
The Obvious and not-so-obvious beach accessories
1. Doggie Boots- These will not only protect your pups feet from the scorching sand, but it will also keep their feet cleaner than normal. Though nothing is 100% from getting sandy. Check the pricing on Amazon here. Click on the link.
2. A cooling Bandana- Let’s be honest, it is a cute beach accessory that your pup will thank you for. Check the price on Amazon here.
3. Dog Sunscreen- Either of these will work. If you want to see the pricing on Amazon then click here.
This is also a really good sunscreen for dogs. You can check the pricing on Amazon by clicking the link here.
4. A good leash- see my recommendation above
5. Doggie Toys- Any fun toys you can play with your pup! My favorite are the chuckit toys! The prices do change on Amazon so get the current prices by click here.
6. A snack pouch- I loved training my dogs when distractions are to the peak. Or to get their attention I would carry a snack pouch with me! Check the prices on Amazon by clicking the link here.
7. Seat protector for your car- This one here has been voted #1. Check the Amazon listing here. The price will most likely change overtime.
8. Dog beach tent- Unless you have brought a beach umbrella yourself, this may not be a bad idea. Check the Amazon pricing here.
9. Food for your pup
10. Plenty of water- In case you find that the drinking fountain is down; this water bottle here is perfect for travel. Check the prices on Amazon by clicking this link.
11. A Doggy Swimsuit -if your into dressing your pup
12. Quick drying towel for your pup. You can see the price of the quick drying towel on Amazon by clicking the link here.
13. Plastic bags to put your wet dog towels in
14. First aid kit for you and your pup. You can check the prices of the pet first aid kit on Amazon by clicking on this link.
15. Doggie Travel Tote Bag- to put everything in. Find out what the price of the dog travel tote bag is on Amazon by clicking the link here.
If your taking your pup out for a beach day trip, then do not forget there are important dog beach accessories you must carry with you. Beside the obvious leashes and towels there are other things to keep in mind.
Our pups are exposed to sand, salty water, and sun. So we need to prepare for those hot summer months. Trust me. Nobody wants the burns from the sun and the harmful rays.
Your pup doesn’t either. So let’s not forget and bring those essentials with you the next time you’re vacationing on a dog beach.
If you are checking out some dog beaches in Florida, then check out my favorite beach to take your pup. Your pup will love it. Click here to read the blog on why I love this dog beach in Florida so much.