Have you ever wanted a beach lifestyle?
Do you ever ponder what kind of life you will live if only you lived a little closer to the beach? We often times forget that we don’t have to live near one to experience a beach lifestyle.
You can make little changes in your life so you can have the best beach lifestyle you have dreamed of. Sometimes we have to ask ourselves what kind of beach lifestyle do we want? And what does it mean to have a beach lifestyle?
How to have a beach lifestyle
Ok I am not going to lie. When people think beach lifestyle what comes to mind is a having an extravagant house in South Miami Beach. Going to the beach everyday and sipping martinis in a lounge chair.
Yes and No.
Having a beach lifestyle can be different for so many people. And sure, if you are or want to be that girl who poses in a bikini and take pics by the beach with a martini in hand all day then awesome, do you.
Having a beach lifestyle can be so different for the beachcomber, the surfer, the beach traveler, and the yogi. Everyone is unique in their own way.
And that’s perfectly fine.
My sister and I are beach travelers and we enjoy everything nature-like. So having a beach lifestyle to us is visiting the beach often to walk, relax, and explore. We grew up enjoying the beaches with our family and friends, so it is a way of bonding.
Everyone is different. Be YOU!
The Truths and Lies of Coastal Living
Lie #1 You have to live by the beach to have the beach lifestyle
No. Having a beach-life style does NOT mean you have to live by the beach. You can if you want to. But better yet, if you have the ability to visit the beach often that means you can be living the lifestyle right there! Sure… there are plenty of pros if you do live by the beach, but you don’t have to.
Truth #1 Living by the beach is so much fun
My sister and I lived within walking distance to Panama City Beach for a bit. It was great just walking across the street and a mere distance to the beach (not going to lie). We loved the perfect sunrises and sunsets. Though it was still hard to wake up in the morning to catch those perfect times, it was well worth it.
My favorite was having all the touristy attractions nearby. I love them. During off peak times you really get the mini golfing areas and Ripley’s Believe It or Not museum all to yourself.
And to top it off, we love the touristy restaurants. My favorite was Mellow Mushroom. Something that unfortunately doesn’t exist in California!
Lie #2 People that Live near the beaches are crazy party animals
This really depends what beach you want to choose to live on. I’ve seen both. Living in Panama City during off peak times made it one of the quietest places ever.
Although being there around spring break…painted a whole different picture.
In addition, I accidentally happen to be exploring South Miami Beach one day and yes, little did I realize that it was Spring Break!
So I will say it is up to you. Not all beaches are crazy packed with party animals. There are some tranquil ones out there! Don’t be fooled.
Making the move to the beach
Truth #2 Living by the beach is relaxing and convenient
You can skip the gym for cardio. With the beach being so close you can literally walk, run, and jog to the gym whenever you want.
I don’t know about you, but I enjoy spending time at the beach journaling, meditating, and reading. I feel like that is my happy place.
Even though it is more convenient, it doesn’t mean you cannot partake in these activities. I visit the beach often and still do these things.
Lie #3 Living by the beach is very noisy and parking is insane
This one can also go either way. Panama City was crazy during spring break and there was a lot of younger people going wild. But during off peak season, it was quite the contrary. It was quiet and peaceful. It can get a bit noisy depending where you live, but again it depends.
If your living in a condo, then everyone is designated with their own spot. Back when I was living in Panama City Beach, it was a condo and everyone had their own parking spot. However, if your living in a house very close to the beach, (again depending on which beach) street parking can get a bit busy.
A friend of mine used to live near the beach in a house in Pacific Beach. He said his street was always crazy busy. So yes, it really does depend.
Truth #3 Living by the beach is more expensive
Yes I strongly believe for this to be true. If you are living by the beach then do not expect it to be cheaper than lets say a rural area. You are paying for that nearby beach lifestyle.
Living by the beach has many perks. I personally enjoyed it. But like everything, it does come with a bit more cost. Of course living near Southern California Beaches does differ if say your living in the Florida Beaches. It really all depends on the cost of living.
Does living by the beach get old
Again, I am only speaking from my experience and if you are wondering whether this applies to you or not I would say if you are looking for a beach lifestyle the answer is no.
Living by the beach does not get old. For me it didn’t.
You get everything you wish for and more. Living by the beach is not only relaxing and fun but very rewarding. You get to go everyday. And sure some people love it, while others prefer to live further out.
It really depends on your taste and what you prefer.
Sometimes it’s easy to take things for granted. Even with living near the beach. You sometimes forget that you’re fortunate to live there!
Sometimes you don’t. It interesting how easily we can forget, but with a little gratitude we can remind ourselves every so often.
Tips to take to the beach
Ok if you have heard it all and your ready to make your move to the beach. Then better now than never.
Keep in mind that it is rewarding just as it is amazing, don’t forget to do your homework on the beach and check out the location beforehand.
Having a variety of different locations can definitely do wonders for you!
How to create a coastal lifestyle without moving near a beach
We can all have a coastal lifestyles even though we aren’t within walking distance to the beach. Small little changes can help you still have a beautiful beach lifestyle.
Simple ways to create your beach lifestyle
- Visit the beach often
- Grab little things that remind you of the beach, such as shells, poster boards, and my favorite pictures!
- Decorate your room coastal-like such as pictures, bedroom lamps, etc.
- Find your favorite beach quotes and put them on your wall or phone wallpaper
- Help out your ocean by participating in beach-clean-ups
- Learn to surf- a cool beach skill is always fun.
- Buy a beach cruiser- Take to the beach often. Some beaches have amazing sidewalks to walk on.
- Take care of your beaches by reading our blog
Best Beach Inspired Brands to Follow
Here are some beach inspired brands that you can check out! They have many different kinds of beach accessories and clothing you take to the beach!
- Bikini.com – This place has all kinds of bikini swinsuits you can choose from. They offer everything from Accessories, Jewelry, Clothing, and skin care product. Perfect if your planning a summer vacation.
- Chicloth.com – Offering a number of cute women clothings it has everything from beach clothing, swimsuits, and even dresses for all occasions. Definitely a place to check out
- Outdazl.com – If you love anything with an Ibiza Style and Boho Chic vibe then this may be the place you are looking for. It is a everything you want from in an online boutique.
- Keaworld – For all the mommy’s out there who are looking for the perfect baby clothing and wraps to hold your little one this place is for you. All kinds of things for your little ones when you go to the beach or any outing.
- Purpleshe – Has everything a girl wants for the beach and even more. Perfect swimwear every time.
- 30A Gear – The perfect super soft apparel for the beach with a wonderful cause! What I love about this company is that every shirt made is recycled from plastic water bottles. They have helped contributed by removing 3 million plastic bottles from the ocean.
- Wildhorn Outfitters – Is known as an outdoor gear company. You can get anything from snorkeling gear, to beach accessories like coolers, and beach towels, etc. Not only that, but Wildhorn Outfitters, give back to the community. Their mission is to conserve and protect our natural habitat for generations. Some of the proceeds go to protecting coral reefs and other natural habitats.
- House of Scuba – If you already love surfing or would rather try it yourself one day then do not hesitate to get your Wetsuits here. They offer everything from Wetsuits, Rashguards, Scuba equipment and more.
Our favorite beach lifestyle quotes
We love Pinterest. Not going to lie! Follow our boards on Pinterest of the best beach sayings and quotes you can possibly have in your life.
Living a beach lifestyle can mean something different for everybody. It doesn’t mean you need to live by the beach to have the extravagant beach lifestyle.
I prefer a simple beach lifestyle.
Don’t get my wrong, living by the beach has its perks and also its cons. There are a lot of things we often hear. From my perspective, there are certain things anyone can do to enhance their beach lifestyle.
One such thing includes visiting the beach often. If you live in Southern California you can do many things by the beach including hiking one of San Diego’s most beautiful beaches.
Bring the beach to you. Anything from changing your bedroom into your beach lifestyle is the perfect place to start. In addition, having cute beach decor in your bedroom or throughout your house is perfect.
Even downloading your favorite beach quotes on pinterest is a fun and a perfect way to start. If you enjoy yoga and want to practice some stretches at the beach then definitely make it a go.
Something as simple and walking through a beach town can make a difference. Anyone can enjoy a simple peaceful lifestyle.
Remember you do not need an extravagant house living in South Beach Miami or even California.
Be creative and transform your life into the perfect beach lifestyle you yearn!
Be sure to check our beach blogs of all the beaches in Florida and California we have visited.